- Reports adjusted EPS of $0.11, beats by a penny.
- Delivers revenue of $364 million, tops by $13.23 million.
- Same-restaurant sales advanced 1.4 percent in North America.
- Board authorizes 8 percent hike in quarterly dividend rate.
- Plans to enter into an accelerated share buyback transaction for about $150 million.
- Lifts adjusted EPS forecast from $0.39-$0.40 to $0.40-$0.41 for the full year 2016. Street analysts estimate $0.40.
- Expects same-restaurant sales growth of about 1.5 percent in North America for 2016.
Wendy’s CFO Gunther Plosch said, “We expect to announce the execution of an accelerated share repurchase agreement in the near future. In addition, our Board of Directors has authorized an 8-percent increase in our quarterly dividend rate, from 6 cents per share to 6.5 cents per share."
The stock gained 0.86 percent to $11.13 in the pre-market session.
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.