Shares of 3D printing stocks are having a tough time as of late, despite the
Three potential reasons for the negative sentiments within the sector include:
Piper Jaffray's Troy Jensen
He predicted that both the companies might miss revenue expectations for the third quarter, while saying earnings might not be a problem based on gains from cost cuttings.
- 3D Systems will report its results on November 3. Analysts expect EPS of $0.09 on revenue of $160.16 million.
- Organovo to announce its results on November 3. Analysts estimate a loss per share of $0.11 on revenue of $750,000.
- Stratasys would release its results on November 15. The Street is looking for an EPS of $0.05 on revenue of $174.54 million.
Recent Stock Performance
- 3D Systems dropped about 22 percent in October, but gained roughly 4 percent in the three-month period. At last check, 3D Systems was up 1.31 percent at $13.94.
- Stratasys fell approximately 21 percent in the current month and about 9 percent in the three-month period. The stock was recently seen up 0.11 percent at $19.02.
- Organovo lost about 32 percent in October and about 40 percent in the three-month period. At last check, Organovo was down 1.15 percent at $2.57.
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.