SEATTLE, Nov. 03, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
“We delivered a strong third quarter, exceeding our revenue and earnings guidance. Revenue in the quarter grew 50% year-over-year to reach a record $31.0 million, driven primarily by accelerating demand for our endpoint ICs, followed by growing demand for our connectivity products. We view endpoint IC volumes as an indicator of market adoption and are excited by the broad-based demand we saw this quarter,” said Chris Diorio, Impinj co-founder and CEO. “We will continue investing in this massive market opportunity to enhance our leading market position and foster adoption of our platform.”
Third Quarter Financial Summary
- Revenue grew 50% year-over-year to $31.0 million
- GAAP gross margin of 52.8%; non-GAAP gross margin of 53.6%
- GAAP net income of $0.8 million; GAAP net income attributable to common shareholders of $0.2 million, or income of $0.01 per diluted share using 16.9 million shares
- Adjusted EBITDA of $2.2 million
- Non-GAAP net income of $1.9 million, or $0.10 per diluted share using 18.6 million shares
A reconciliation between historical GAAP and non-GAAP information, including weighted average basic and diluted shares, is contained in the tables below. Additionally, descriptions of these non-GAAP financial measures are provided in the "Non-GAAP Financial Measures" section below.
Fourth Quarter 2016 Financial Outlook
Impinj provides guidance based on current market conditions and...