Aside from earnings number, there are some other interesting things happening in the telecom companies. For instance, AT&T Inc.
- Plans to acquire Time Warner for $107.50 a share.
- Reported adjusted EPS of $0.74 on revenue of $40.9 billion versus the Street's expectations of $0.74 on revenue of $41.15 billion.
- Added over 1.2 million American subscribers to DirecTV after acquisition.
- Over 390 million North American 4G LTE POPs.
- Drexel Hamilton upgraded shares to a Buy rating.
- The company earned adjusted EPS of $1.01 on revenue of $30.94 billion versus analyst expectations of $0.99 on revenue of $31.09 billion.
- CFO admits that 500 million hacking will have material impact during the conference call.
- Verizon Could renegotiate the deal price or could even terminate the deal.
- Telecom firm expects $1 billion shave off from the original agreed price.
- The Wall Street Journal reported Verizon is reviewing the terms of Yahoo, citing drop in revenue and subscribers.
- Achieved 14th straight quarter of adding more than one million subscribers.
- Reported adjusted EPS of $0.27 on revenue of $9.2 billion compared to the Street estimates of $0.23 on revenues of $9.42 billion.
- Boosted and narrowing adjusted EBITDA outlook from $9.8–$10.1 billion to $10.2–$10.4 billion.
- On October 18, preliminary results indicated revenue of $8.25 billion and a loss of $142 million.
- The company will announce its full results on October 25.
At Last Check ...
- AT&T was down 1.64 percent at $36.81.
- Sprint was up 5.65 percent at $6.92.
- Time Warner was down 2.51 percent at $87.23.
- T-Mobile was up 8.71 percent at $50.88.
- Verizon was up 0.29 percent at $48.34.
- Yahoo was up 0.71 percent at $42.47.
Do you have ideas for articles/interviews you'd like to see more of on Benzinga? Please email
|Sep 2016||Hilliard Lyons||Upgrades||Neutral||Buy|
|Jul 2016||Bank of America||Upgrades||Neutral||Buy|
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.