General Electric Company NYSEGE hasn't been afraid to use its massive size and scope to pursue multi-billion acquisitions, even though the strategy has been
The company's latest large-scale M&A consists of
Here is a summary of
- 2007: GE acquires ABB Vetco Gray, a supplier of drilling, completion and production equipment for offshore oil and gas fields, for $1.9 billion.
- 2008: GE acquires Vital Signs, a medical-device maker, for $860 million.
- 2009: GE acquires Naverus, a supplier of advanced performance-based navigation services, for an undisclosed sum.
- 2011: GE acquires Converteam, a provider of power conversion and automation systems, for $3.2 billion.
- 2012: GE acquires Albeo Technologies, an LED fixture manufacturer, for an undisclosed sum.
- 2013: GE acquires Imbera Electronics, an embedded electronic solutions developer, for an undisclosed sum.
- 2014: GE acquires Wurldtech, a cyber security firm, for an undisclosed sum.
- 2015: GE acquires Alstom's power and grid business for 12.35 billion euro.
- 2016: GE acquires LM Wind Power, a manufacturer of wind turbine blades, for $1.65 billion.
- 2016: GE acquires Concept Laser, a 3D printing firm, for $599 million.
Image Credit: By Momoneymoproblemz - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0,
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.