IN THE NEWS
Uber’s trouble raises concerns about an anticipated IPO. But controversy isn’t necessarily a death sentence for companies on the brink of going public:
By bagging four Oscar golds among them, Amazon.com, Inc.
The self-proclaimed “King of All Media” Howard Stern briefly discussed Sirius XM Holdings Inc.’s
Does Carl Icahn still have his Midas touch?
THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
President Donald Trump, in an address to Congress on Tuesday, will call for a $20 billion boost in current military spending and sharp cuts in other programs, and insist on raising budget caps that call for future cuts to defense outlays:
Snap Inc, which this week could become the biggest technology public offering in years, is the unsocial social media company:
Major U.S. corporations are going to war in Washington over a Republican 'border adjustment' tax proposal meant to boost exports over imports, with lawmakers in Congress coming under pressure from some of the nation's biggest employers:
President Donald Trump said he believes the extra $54 billion dollars he has proposed spending on the U.S. military will be offset by a stronger economy as well as cuts in other areas:
While investors in every asset class will be hanging on President Donald Trump’s speech to Congress Tuesday, it’s those who have furiously bid up equities -- in hot-topic sectors like financials, retail and healthcare -- who may have the most on the line:
Elon Musk’s SpaceX plans to send two private citizens on a trip around the moon late next year as it continues to work with NASA for a planned crewed mission to the International Space Station:
SoundCloud Ltd. has become the first of the largest on-demand music services to cut subscription prices to $4.99 per month, a step many music industry executives say is needed to turn users of YouTube and other free services into paying customers:
NEW YORK POST
The Senate on Monday confirmed billionaire investor Wilbur Ross as commerce secretary as President Donald Trump adds to his economic team:
- USA GDP (QoQ) for Q4 Prelim. 1.90% vs 2.10% consensus estimate. The prior reading was 1.90%.
- Redbook: U.S. Retail Sales Up 1.4% Week Ended Feb. 25 vs. YoY, Up 1.0% In First 4 Weeks vs. YoY, Up 0.7% vs. Jan.
- The Chicago PMI for February is schedule for release at 9:45 a.m. ET.
- The Conference Board's consumer confidence index for February will be released at 10:00 a.m. ET.
- The Richmond Fed's manufacturing index for February is schedule for release at 10:00 a.m. ET.
- The Treasury will auction 4-and 52-week bills at 11:30 a.m. ET.
- Philadelphia Federal Reserve Bank President Patrick Harker is set to speak in Philadelphia, Penn. at 3:00 p.m. ET.
- Data on farm prices for February will be released at 3:00 p.m. ET.
- San Francisco Federal Reserve Bank President John Williams is set to speak in Santa Cruz, Calif. at 3:30 p.m. ET.
- St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank President Bullard will speak at George Washington University in D.C. at 6:30 p.m. ET.
- President Donald Trump is set to speak at 9:00 p.m. ET.
NOTABLE OPTIONS ALERTS
- LJPC LJPC Apr 21 $30 Puts at the bid: 550 @ 2.0 vs 0 OI; Ref=$35.12
- COF COF Sep 15 $85 Puts Sweep (21) at the ask: 701 @ 3.75 vs 33 OI; Ref=$93.62
- MDLZ MDLZ Mar 17 $46 Calls at the ask: 40000 @ 0.3 vs 23182 OI; Ref=$43.83
- MDXG MDXG Sep 15 $10 Puts at the ask: 3000 @ 2.65 vs 3000 OI; Ref=$8.4
- ZUMZ Zumiez May 22.5 Puts Sweep: 1197 @ ASK $3.30: 1366 traded vs 24 OI: Earnings 3/9 After Close $20.25 Ref
- SUM Summit Mat May 25.0 Calls Sweep: 627 @ ASK $1.40: 627 traded vs 34 OI: Earnings 5/4 Before Open (est) $24.19 Ref
- WTW Weight Watchers Jul 15.0 Calls: 675 @ ASK $0.90: 1000 traded vs 1854 OI: Earnings tmrrw After Close $12.90 Ref
- WY WY Mar 35.0 Calls Sweep: 743 @ ASK $0.25: 2743 traded vs 630 OI: Earnings 5/5 Before Open (est) $34.08 Ref
- MBLY MobilEye Mar 47.0 Puts: 1200 @ ASK $1.70: 1322 traded vs 548 OI: Earnings 5/4 Before Open (est) $46.96 Ref
- KND Kindred Healthcare Mar 7.5 Calls Sweep: 784 @ ASK $0.695: 937 traded vs 1200 OI: Earnings today After Close $7.85 Ref
- LNG LNG Apr 21 $47.5 Puts Sweep (26) at the ask: 580 @ 1.951 vs 61 OI; Ref=$48.52
- DE DE Mar 17 $114 Calls at the bid: 5613 @ 0.29 vs 323 OI; Ref=$109.03
- BBT BBT Apr 21 $46 Puts at the ask: 1700 @ 0.661 vs 1 OI; Ref=$48.15
- QCOM QCOM Jul 21 $52.5 Puts at the bid: 1500 @ 2.061 vs 1370 OI; Ref=$56.57
- CY Cypress Semi Jun 13.0 Calls Sweep: 1602 @ ASK $0.85: 1665 traded vs 2670 OI: Earnings 4/27 Before Open (est) $12.82 Ref
- WDAY WorkDay Mar 3rd 80.0 Puts: 1020 @ ASK $0.65: 1098 traded vs 13 OI: Earnings today After Close $89.66 Ref
- STM STMicroelectronics Jul 15.0 Calls Sweep: 500 @ ASK $1.75: 589 traded vs 27k OI: Earnings 4/26 Before Open (est) $15.47 Ref
- TECK TECK Mar 17 $20 Calls at the bid: 3235 @ 0.95 vs 237 OI; Ref=$20.14
- X X Mar 24 $38 Calls at the bid: 2034 @ 2.621 vs 144 OI; Ref=$38.3553
- MNST MNST Fri $43 Calls Sweep (9) at the ask: 1100 @ 1.2 vs 63 OI; Ref=$42.5975
- LJPC LJPC Apr 21 $30 Puts at the bid: 650 @ 2.0 vs 0 OI; Ref=$34.86
- DG Dollar Gen Mar 3rd 75.0 Puts Sweep: 807 @ ASK $0.70: 1280 traded vs 222 OI: Earnings 3/16 Before Open $76.06 Ref
This is a tool used by the Benzinga News Desk each trading day — it's a look at everything happening in the market, in five minutes. Apply for daily AM access by
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.