Zacks
0
All posts from Zacks
Zacks in Our Research. Your Success.,

Fujifilm (FUJIY) Posts Solid Q4 Earnings, Gives FY17 Outlook

Premium photographic image-product company Fujifilm Holdings Corporation FUJIY reported mixed results for fourth-quarter fiscal 2016 (ended Mar 31, 2016).

Net income for the quarter was ¥38.9 billion ($337.3 million), up 57.7% year over year. Quarterly earnings per American Depositary Receipt (“ADR”) were 74 cents, up 72.1% year over year.

For full-year fiscal 2016, net income came in at ¥123.3 billion ($1,027.6 million), up 4% year over year. Full-year fiscal 2016 adjusted earnings came in at $2.21 per ADR as against $2.15 a year ago.

Revenues

Revenues dipped 4% year over year to ¥650.1 billion ($5,633.7 million). The year-over-year decline stemmed from poor electronic imaging, optimal device, flat-panel display materials’ sales.

Revenues from the Imaging Solutions segment – 12.4% of the total revenue – came in at ¥81.4 billion ($705.7 million). The Information Solutions segment contributed ¥264.1 billion ($2,288.8 million) or 40.6% of the total revenue, while the Document Solutions segment generated ¥308 billion ($2,668.7 million) or 47% of the total revenue.

Of the total revenue, domestic revenues accounted for 43.7%, while international revenues made up the remaining 56.3%.

Revenues for full-year fiscal 2016 were ¥2,491.6 billion ($21,591.2 million), almost flat year over year.

Costs/Margins

Gross margin in fourth-quarter fiscal 2016 was 38%, down 10 basis points (bps) year over year. Selling, general and administrative (SG&A) and R&D expenses were ¥189.6 billion ($1,642.8 million) – 29.2% of the total revenue.

Balance Sheet

Fujifilm exited fourth-quarter fiscal 2016 with cash and cash equivalents of ¥600.9 billion ($5,346.1 million), down 17.3% from the figure recorded as of Mar 31, 2015. The company’s long-term debt was ¥310.4 billion ($2,761.5 million), down roughly 1% year over year.

Cash Flow

For fourth-quarter fiscal 2016, Fujifilm’s net cash from operating activities totaled ¥221.9 billion ($1,848.9 million), while its capital expenditure was ¥63.8 billion ($531.8 million).

Outlook

Over time, Fujifilm intends to improve its business on the back of strategic innovations and plans to enhance its market share. The company expects a 2.3% year-over-year improvement in revenues to ¥2550 billion in fiscal 2017. Operating income is projected at ¥220 billion, which reflects a surge of 15.1% from the fiscal 2016 level. Moreover, net income for fiscal 2017 is expected to inch up 1.4% year over year to ¥125 billion. This will result in earnings per share of ¥277.47.

Zacks Rank and Other Stocks to Consider

Fujifilm currently sports a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy). Other well-ranked stocks from the same industry include Accelerize Inc. ACLZ, ADTRAN, Inc. ADTN and Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. AMD. Accelerize Inc. presently sports the same Zacks as Fujifilm, while both ADTRAN, Inc. and Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. hold a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy).

Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days.Click to get this free report >>


Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
 
ADTRAN INC (ADTN): Free Stock Analysis Report
 
ADV MICRO DEV (AMD): Free Stock Analysis Report
 
FUJIFILM HLDGS (FUJIY): Free Stock Analysis Report
 
ACCELERIZE INC (ACLZ): Free Stock Analysis Report
 
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
 
Zacks Investment Research