The biggest highlight is AT&T’s mobile customers get Data Free TV, which means they need not worry about their mobile data for watching DirecTV Now or FreeVIEW via the app. "Fullscreen" will also cover user’s data for streaming in the Fullscreen app on the AT&T mobile network.
DirecTV Now Specifics
Under DirecTV Now,
Following are the various packages of DirecTV Now:
- "Live a Little" — $35/month (60+ channels).
- "Just Right" — $50/month (80+ channels).
- "Go Big" — $60/month (100+ channels).
- "Gotta Have It" — $70/month (120+ channels).
Users can add HBO and Cinemax channels for $5 each per month in addition to their base programming package.
DirecTV Now will be available at launch through the following:
- Android mobile devices and tablets.
- Chromecast (Android at launch; iOS in 2017).
- Internet Explorer, Chrome and Safari web browsers.
In 2017, AT&T plans to add more devices including Roku streaming players and Roku TV models, Amazon Fire tablets and Smart TVs from Samsung and other leading brands. Customers can also get an Apple TV included with three months pre-paid of any DirecTV Now package.
How To Get It/Special Offerings
Customers can sign up at
Shares of AT&T closed Monday's trading at $39.54.
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.