Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. (USA)'s
The ninth version of the Madea franchise
"Inferno" is, however, performing well in the international market and has earned nearly $150 million.
Tyler Perry's "Madea" flick has now taken in $52 million in 10 days, which marks his biggest success since 2009's "Madea Goes to Jail." The film franchise could
Perry's Madea franchise has been a pretty proftibale one for more than a decade. Here is a compilation of box office opening weekend performance of Perry's other Madea films:
- Diary of a Mad Black Woman (2005) - $21.91 million.
- Madea's Family Reunion (2006) - $30.03 million
- Meet the Browns (2008) - $20.08 million.
- Madea Goes to Jail (2009) - $41.03 million.
- I Can Do Bad All by Myself (2009) - $23.45 million.
- Madea's Big Happy Family (2011) - $25.07 million.
- Madea's Witness Protection (2012) - $25.39 million.
- A Madea Christmas (2013) - $16.0 million.
- Boo! A Madea Halloween' (2016) - $28.5 million.
By Sgt. Michael Connors -
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.