Alpha Diallo
0
All posts from Alpha Diallo
Alpha Diallo in Alpha Diallo,

Another healthcare merger courtesy of Zimmer and Biomet

 (Image source: glassdoor.com)

Shares of the medical device maker Zimmer Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:ZMH) are soaring in the early session of trading after the company agreed to acquire Biomet Inc for $13.35 billion. Biomet produces orthopedic products. Biomet shareholders will receive will receive $10.35 billion in cash and $3 billion worth of shares. After the deal is finalized, Zimmer shareholders will control 84 percent of the new combined company, and Biomet shareholders will control the remaining 16 percent portion. This seems like the new wave in the healthcare and pharmaceutical fields. Instead of companies growing through developing their own product base, drug and medical device makers are now acquiring similar companies to fuel their growth.