Actionable news
0
All posts from Actionable news
Actionable news in RLYP: RELYPSA Inc,

ZS Pharma Vs. Relypsa: A Comparison Of 2 Drugs' Side Effect Profiles

Summary

ZS-9 drug had more rates of peripheral edema than Relypsa's Veltassa.

ZS-9 drug had an increased rate of hypertension compared to Relypsa's Veltassa, which decreased blood pressure.

ZS-9 drug had more rates of hypokalemia than Relypsa's Veltassa.

ZS-9 had a total of 353 (51.6%) adverse events, of those AE, 152 (43%) were listed; it is unclear what the remaining 201 (57% of the 353 AE) represent.

Last week, ZS Pharma (NASDAQ:ZSPH) had a big week. The company presented its data at National Kidney Week, which showed that ZSPH was able to competently reduce and control potassium levels nearly all patients, and the company also was bought by AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN) for 2.7B, which some believe was a great deal for AZ. I will not get into why they were bought 6-8 months prior to FDA approval.

The study clearly showed conclusively that there will likely be 2 drugs for the treatment of hyperkalemia.

However, one...


More