While Square Inc
Square has a quality product and defensible position and has been benefitting from demand for simplicity in payments, analyst Condra mentioned. He added that the company could achieve adj. EBITDA margins in the low 20 percent range by 2020.
Square has the potential to “develop meaningful software and lending businesses over time,” Condra wrote. He noted, however, that the company was facing tough competition from new entrants and incumbents.
The analyst compared Square’s offerings to those of its competitors:
- Square: Register, $99; Chip Reader, $49; Magstripe Reader, Free.
- ShopKeep: Register: $49/month.
- Revel: $119/month; second, $70/month; third-plus, $40.
- HarborTouch: No upfront costs; service fee, $39–$69/month.
- LevelUp: Scanner, $50; Tablet, $100.
- POYNT CORP COM NPV OTCPNYTF: $299.
- Square: Register, 2.75 percent fixed rate [swipe/online].
- ShopKeep: Basic, 2.7 percent; professional, 2.4 percent; unlimited, 2.15 percent.
- Revel: first registe, rates not listed.
- HarborTouch: Rates not listed.
- Clover: Swipe fee dependent on bank from which POS was bought.
- LevelUp: 2 percent from fixed rate.
- PayPal Here: 2.7 percent fixed rate.
- Poynt: Dependent on bank.
- Square: Register, process using iPhone, iPad or Android; digital receipts via text or email.
- ShopKeep: First cloud-based POS, works when offline/internet down.
- Revel: Apple iPad POS, works with almost all processors [USAePay].
- HarborTouch: Hardware, Elite or Echo models.
- Clover: Hardware, Clover POS.
- LevelUp: Processors, Braintree, Bank of America, use app to pay [QR technology].
- PayPal Here: Same-day funding.
- Poynt: Screen on both sides, no need for merchant to swivel; three apps (terminal, register, co-pilot).
- Square: Register, Digital receipts, loyalty programs, inventory management, appointments, ecommerce.
- ShopKeep: Inventory management, business analytics, loyalty, digital marketing, staff management.
- Revel: Process anywhere in store, inventory management, track sales volume/employee, multistore.
- HarborTouch: Industry specific.
- Clover: App market with business management apps, free or for a small fee.
- LevelUp: Rewards, analytics<./li>
- PayPal Here: Invoicing, accept all payment types (including cash or checks).
- Poynt: Loyalty, analytics, anywhere in store.
Do you have ideas for articles/interviews you'd like to see more of on Benzinga? Please email
|Oct 2016||Credit Suisse||Initiates Coverage On||Neutral|
|Oct 2016||Keefe Bruyette & Woods||Initiates Coverage on||Market Perform|
|Aug 2016||BTIG Research||Downgrades||Buy||Neutral|
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.