Futures for the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 26 points to 18,154.00, while the Standard & Poor’s 500 index futures gained 5 points to 2,139.00. Futures for the Nasdaq 100 index rose 11.50 points to 4,865.25.
Oil prices traded higher as Brent crude futures gained 0.80 percent to trade at $50.38 per barrel, while US WTI crude futures also rose 0.47 percent to trade at $49.41 a barrel.
USA Initial Jobless Claims for Oct 21 258.0K vs 255.0K consensus estimate. The prior reading was 260.0K.
USA Core Durable Goods Orders (MoM) for Sep 0.20% vs 0.20% consensus estimate. The prior reading was -0.20%.
- The pending home sales index for September is schedule for release at 10:00 a.m. ET.
- The Energy Information Administration’s weekly report on natural gas stocks is schedule for release at 10:30 a.m. ET.
- The Kansas City Fed manufacturing index for October will be released at 11:00 a.m. ET.
- The Treasury will auction 7-year notes at 1:00 p.m. ET.
- Data on money supply for the latest week will be released at 4:30 p.m. ET.
BZ News Desk Focus
Sell-Side's Most Noteworthy Calls
Dr Pepper Snapple
In The News
A planned trade deal between the European Union and Canada overcame
The Democratic National Committee
"It turns out that election years aren’t more volatile than normal, at least looking
TWTR BMY NXPI CELG TSAL CLF AKS F CYH NOK AMZN BABA WDC
Kyle Schwarber had two RBI singles, Anthony Rizzo drove in a run and scored two more, and Ben Zobrist chipped in with an RBI and a run, and the Cubs evened the best-of-seven series, winning 5-1 in Game 2 in Cleveland. #WorldSeries
- This stock was upgraded to Overweight by Piper Jaffray Thursday morning, after they announced a Q4 earnings beat and Q1 guidance beat yesterday afternoon.
- Last week, TheStreet published an article saying "May Catch Activist Investor Attention Amid Sector Consolidation."
- Sympathy plays include A10 Networks, Cisco Systems and Radware.
This is a tool used by the Benzinga News Desk each trading day — it's a look at everything happening in the market, in five minutes. Apply for daily AM access by
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.